Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday eManna


I have random posts every Tuesday, posting only what comes into mind. However, after the reflections on the happenings of our today's environment, I decided that I would post my reflections on the word of the Lord every Tuesday of the Week. To make this a double digest, I decided to make this a meme and would call it , "Tuesday eManna".

eManna, what is it? Manna actually means “what is it?” in Hebrew. It was bread from heaven that sustained and transformed the Israelite while they journeyed through the wilderness more than 3000 years ago. Manna was small, round, and pearly white in appearance coming every day as fresh as the morning dew. The taste was that of a wafer with honey and fresh oil. It was eaten and enjoyed every day for 40 years until the children of Israel entered to possess the “good land.”

Today, the living Word of God is our manna. The Bible reveals God, Christ, man, the past and the future, but above all the Bible conveys the very life and Spirit of God. When we open ourselves to its speaking and revelation, it is the seed of life that enlivens, refreshes, strengthens and transforms our inward being.
If you want to play along and share your thoughts and reflections on the words of the Lord. Just post the banner above and copy the code on my sidebar, select a verse which you have enjoyed and share your reflections on it. Sign on in the Tuesday eManna Mcklinky for us to be able to hop around and enjoy your reflections too. Feed on and Grow in the rich supply of His word.

Here is my First Entry:

Not Being Crushed by Anxieties
Phil 4:6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
When I remember the Lord's faitfulness and that His grace is sufficient, at moments like these, I always turn to Him and say, " Lord, I know you will never fail". Yes that is true , He would never fail. He is a God who's faithfulness is beyond words. Knowing Him like that would ease my anxiousness. I know He will meet our timely needs.

It would be wonderful if we would commit the things we encounter into God's hand item by item. Otherwise, when the first thing comes up, we lay it upon ourselves. Then when the second and third things come up, we also lay them upon ourselves. In this way, we are pressed and lose our joy.

Once I saw builders moving tiles to the roof of a house. Three men stood on a ladder, one at the top, the second in the middle, and the third at the bottom. The one at the bottom would hand the tiles over to the one in the middle. After the one in the middle received the tiles, he would hand them to the one at the top. They continued this way unceasingly. When I saw this I thought, “What if the man in the middle did not pass on the tiles he received, or what if the man on the top refused to take the tiles passed to him?” If that happened, the one in the middle would eventually be crushed to death by the tiles that were continuously coming to him. We deal with anxiety in this manner. If we do not send all the anxieties to God to let Him bear them, all the anxieties of this world will crush us to death.

The moment we have anxiety, we must immediately entrust it to the Lord. We do not have to tolerantly accumulate anxieties upon ourselves item by item. There is a way out. We can rejoice and be free from anxiety because we have God and because we can entrust all things to God through prayers.

How wonderful it is to have such a God who could carry us on His shoulders and bear our anxieties in times of troubles. Amen.

If you are joining don't forget to sign on the Mr. Mcklinky below with the link of your own post so I would be able to visit your posts and enjoy the Lord's words. You can also put the Mcklinky in your own post, just follow the instructions so you can get the code. Thanks for sharing along.



MckLinky Blog Hop



Photobucket



Add to Technorati Favorites

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

Amen!! Wonderfully written post!

Mommy Jes said...

nice meme gurl...il try to join some time thnks for inviting me =) il try to say this to chris too! she will surely love this! =)

Genefaith said...

i love to join sis, very inspiring...yet so busy me now..baka matapos ko maaga syllabus ko tsaka task..he..he...

Hazel said...

wonderful post.

p.s. ngayon lang ako nakafocus sa nangyari sa manila. my internet has been fluctuating the previous days. I'm glad you're okay.

Willa said...

this is a great idea. I will surely join in next week, and so for me not to foget it, I will get your badge as well. :)