Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Birthday Note


When I was younger, I have always been excited when September 17 was nearing as I get to have a small celebration for my birthday. My parents had always prepared simple get-together feast for my special day. I remembered celebrating it on schools when I was on elementary and on our home when I was on high-school. Birthday for me was just as simple as remembering the day I was born and having to receive gifts and endless greetings from those who remembered and who cared.

It's my birthday again. However, this time I don't care if I have a feast on my table and a party to celebrate. I am into a deeper realization that birthdays are reminders that we are just passersby in this world. Year by year our age get older and our time is lessened. It is the best time to reflect if we have lived our life to the full. Have we glorified our creator and served the purpose to which we are made? I don't want to grow old without having to mature. It is always my perception that I need to have a deeper insight of the purpose of my human living. Have I been a good mother to my children in the past? If I have not been good enough, it is now a year for me to strive harder and be a better one for them. If I have been an imperfect wife in the past, this year could be the starting period of a more sensible living as a wife to my husband.

I admit too that as we grow older , our heart widens but never grow old with time. Our heart gets bigger to grasp all things that waits for our love and affection. Old age may lead us to have physical changes: wrinkles, lines beneath the eyes, etc. but our heart stays young. It stays young to fonder the world unknown, to fathom the undiscovered and to love the never been loved. As we mature with age, our hearts do not long for toys and parties anymore that a child would love, but it longs for deeper things for the ones we love. However, it would never stop longing for dreams unfulfilled. It stays like that till you exhale your last breath..

Now, that it's my birthday, I thank the Lord for being able to reach it this year. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you have given to us, for the food on the table everyday, for the health of my children and my family. I praise you for being my strength in the times of trials. You have been my strong fortress against the enemy. Thank you for the years gone by. Thank you for the friends who are here by my side. Thank you for the coming baby in my womb. Thank you for everything as You have been the great "I AM" , the reality of all the positive things in this universe.

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Photobucket


Add to Technorati Favorites

6 comments:

genejosh said...

Happy birthday sis..glad to meet you here in blogosphere..I hope and praying that you'll always have the best in life...

Phebie said...

Hi mem happy hapy birthday!

May God grant ALL the desires of your heart...

hala 31 na diay ka? 1 more to go wla na ka sa calendaryo...whaaaaa

luv yah cuz...mwah!

God Bless u more!

nanay said...

Oh, your still very young. Have a blessed birthday. Congrats to your coming baby, when is the due date?

Gin Hansson said...

Happy birthday sweet mommy... Hope all your wishes come true and stay healthy..

Good luck..

mica said...

ang ganda ng picture it was priceless, when ang due mo ate.. 0ne day apart lang bday natin. happy bday ate.

Den said...

Happy Birthday. :) belated po.

hope you had a great day.