Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Monday, January 12, 2009

SPEAK PURE



"Don't speak bad words", "beware of Ill-mouthing" ., were always the reminder of our parents and even in Church Children's meeting to us. So we were always careful about the words that came out from our mouth, reminding each other whenever a "bad word" was spoken.

Things changed though, when I entered college and join the block of young Political Scientists. Freedom of speech was exercised , thus welcoming all sorts of words from funny, to ill, and to "green". We had a lot of "name-calling" which were obviously "green" in nature. That was the norm, If you deviated from the norm you will become a "social outcast" . I not only learned to laugh but I was the leader in creating jokes for us to laugh. I spoke the wrong thing because my heart wasn't right. I came upon His word in Matthew 12:34 and 36 that says, " For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.. on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter." This truth made me sends some cool feeling into my spine and gripped my heart. This is a warning for me.

I am created to be a vessel of the Lord and to reflect His image like a mirror. My heart should be rich of his words and not of the nonsense things in this world. He is Pure -our heart, speech and action should be as He is. May we see this and come to full realization. This is my personal battle but I hope it would be yours too, that fountains of blessing will flow and that our Creator will be glorified when we give an account to HIM.

No comments: