Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not my Own but by HIM

Every New year , we take an oath, a pledge , a list of resolution which is for us to step up and be better than what we are or where we may be on the previous year. Many of us would always mouth , " I will change for this year" , "I'll never do that again", "I promise to work more and earn more" , etc. etc. etc.

I have a lot in my list. I have a lot of things that I wanted to happen or desired to have or even longings for a better me. However, it has been my realization that year after year all my self-efforts are vain. I may have done in the first few months of the year, but in the long-run have forgotten. No matter how much I struggle for self renewing with my own power, I keep on stumbling. My "self" is basically sinful in nature. All of us no matter how we live decently we still sin for sin is already injected in our flesh when Adam and Eve fell short of the Glory of God in the Garden of Eden.

Therefore, when we want a true New Year's Resolution we should do it by HIM who empowers us. It is not by our own might and power but by His Spirit. Only when we take the Lord as our life and living can we have a true renewing and can we have the highest standard of Morality.

No comments: