Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What's behind the name....

Expectant parents, even when baby is still on mum's tummy, are so excited to their fruit of love that would be a member of the family. Little baby has not yet seen the light of life, but he/she has a name already! =) How sweet. ^^

Names. Everyone has one, most people have a vague idea what their own means, but few give them much more thought. Some are named from the combination of the names of their parents. Others are named after their father, their great Grand-parents, or to some known men of times. And some are named from the biblical names that are mentioned from the Old and the New Testament. Therefore, our names must have a meaning. Whatever it is and wherever it is from, I think we should know.
When people refer to the "meaning of a name", they are most likely referring to the etymology, which is the original literal meaning.


Well, I'm one of the few who give thought to the meaning of my name and here it is:

Shelomi
Shelomi meaning: My peace, my happiness, my recompense.
Shelomi origin: Biblical
Shelomi gender: Female


OH, I love the meaning of my name. I am the peace of my ma and pa, their happiness, their recompense.. Truly a JOy from the LOrd.. 

Here are the meanings of the names of my Children and see how I named them:
1. Aljodon David- Aljodon- its meaning is "old one, elder"
                                David Possibly derived from Hebrew דוד (dvd) meaning "beloved".
  The Whole Name: The Elder Beloved.. The eldest beloved One
2. Al'jered Nicolas-
Al'jered- From the Hebrew name יָרֶד (Yared) or יֶרֶד (Yered) meaning "descent".
                                 Nicolas- meaning is "victorious people".
   
The whole name: Descendant of the victorious People..
3. Alikah Arienh-
Alikah -meaning is "noble, exalted nature".
                                
Arienh- Means "most holy"
  
 The whole Name:  Noble, Exalted Nature and descendant of the Most Holy One

How about You? What's behind your name, and your children's name?

Behind the Name

Baby Names World
                                                                      

No comments: