Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pagerank and Its Importance



After a long period of in-activity, my PR3 blog lost its rank.  Now that I am back to blogging and just started few days ago, I checked my PR and was delighted that I gained PR1 again. Not a much to boast but at least I got a rank 1 from 10 possible points.

PageRank is an algorithm used by Google Search to rank websites in their search engine results. The term PageRank was named after Larry Page, one of the founders of Google. This is a way to determine the importance of website pages. Google states that:

PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.
What exactly is the importance of Pagerank. What are the advantages of a page gaining a high pagerank? How can it benefit your website? As per my research from the web on its Importance, here are some of the reasons why you should consider your website's pagerank: 

1. Your website gains weight and authority through your PageRank 
The higher your rank is, the higher is the probability of performing in organic search results.

2. PageRank determines the webpage's popularity
Your PageRank score is a basic way of measuring your website's popularity. The more sites linking back to your website is an indication that your website’s content is of value and is worth visiting by web audiences. The inbound links boost your traffic. Your high score simply means that you have valuable links – Google uses this factor to come up with a ranking algorithm.

3. Pagerank enables your page to gain recurrent indexes
If your website's pages have a high PageRank score, there is a high possibility that the Google spider will index your articles or content. Google as well as other search engines prefer sites which get updates on a regular basis. In return, your webpage gets a high page rank which is also the search engine's way of flagging sites which need to be indexed more frequently.

4. The higher your PageRank –the more opportunity for earning
Generating income through your site is mostly our aim. The higher your pagerank is, the higher your opportunity of having a money-making opportunity. The higher your rank is , the higher are the opps available for you at a good pay.

Display your PageRank anywhere in your site  like a badge of honor. It is a great way to achieve credible, well-paid advertisements and link partnerships. So, be proactive and search for ways to increase your traffic to gain rank. There are several available effective SEO and SEM campaigns to get a high score for your website.

Why not check your Pagerank now,  Please click here to check and generate your pagerank Icon. 


Photobucket Add to Technorati Favorites


2 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Shelomi ... what a beautiful name and blog!

Since I did not know you yet, I've been looking around to see that this is a "fresh start" for you as a return to blogging.

After reading this really informative post on "page rank" I guess I should pay more attention and care about this.

Welcome back and what a delight to see you reflecting with me "In His Presence". I love your prayer warrior heart for that precious miracle baby!
Added my prayers for this pain to go in Jesus' name and that God keeps healing her. Wraps His arms around them. Thank you for your praying heart and visit to me. Que Dios siga bendiciendote en tu "mundo del amor" --- que preciosa!

Enjoy your new SAHM status with your kids and blogging once again more regularly. It's a pleasure to be part of your world. Thanks again.

Peggy

LaVonne said...

I am glad yours went up to a 1 now. It will keep going up! I was a PR 3 and went down to a PR 2. Now with the last update I went back to a PR 3. I am going to try to get to a PR 4 by the end of the year.

Thanks for sharing about PR. It is confusing at best, but I am trying to understand it better.