Comments Welcome Here

Comments Welcome Here
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Blog Communities

My Pagerank

My Blog List

NETWORKED BLOGS

Monday, October 20, 2008

How to Dance In the Rain


Hi everyone.. How are you today?.. Another Monday and another week of struggle and fighting over emotions and obstacle to a peaceful existence.

As I was browsing my dozens of mails (ganyan talaga pag Monday, tons of things to check on the mailbox..grrr).. I came accross to this very touching one, it strike me straight to the heart. With all the jokes and fun that are camping over my inbox, sometimes there is One that comes along that has an important message.

This One I thought I could share with You...

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his
80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

The doctor took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be Over
an hour before someone would be able to see her.

The doctor saw him looking at his watch, and decided, since she was not busy with
another patient, Shewould evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well
healed, so she talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to
remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, Doc asked him if he had another Doctors'
appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman answered "no", that he needed to go to the nursing home to
eat breakfast with his wife.
The doc inquired as to her health; he told her that she had been there for a
while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As they talked, the doctor asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not
recognized him in five years now.

The doc was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even
though she doesn't know who you are'?
He smiled as he patted her hand and said, 'She doesn't know me, but I
still know who she is'.


I had to hold back tears reading that ; I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, 'That is the kind of love I want in my life'. A love that knows no end, no barrier and never changing till the tests of times. True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an Acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. If no one could give that to me then at least I could love like that. Loving without expecting for return..Loving without question.

I never have the best of everything now, but thinking of this old man makes me strong. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything they have.

Well, i guess 'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain.'


No comments: